Savannah Behavioral Pediatrics (SBP) offers comprehensive psychological assessment, psychoeducational evaluations, and developmental assessment. All assessments are tailored specifically to meet the needs of each individual child, adolescent or young adult.
Who would benefit from assessment at Savannah Behavioral Pediatrics?
- Preschool children presenting with developmental delays
- School-age or college students struggling with learning difficulties
- Students with anxiety that interferes with learning or testing
- Children and adolescents having difficulty with focus, attention and/or organization
- Children and adolescents with social challenges that interfere with relationships at home or school
- Students needing accommodations and/or modifications for classroom learning or standardized testing
- High school students who may need learning support services for college
- Children for whom parents, teachers or professionals have concerns for autism, Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), or learning disorders
Any combination of the following evaluations are available:
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder evaluation
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) evaluation
- Comprehensive diagnostic evaluation
- Identifying current degree of symptoms and required support (level)
- Behavioral assessment: Evaluating interfering behaviors
- Functional assessments or analyses to inform Behavior Intervention Plans (BIPs)
- Identifying behavioral factors related to optimal performance (e.g., motivational factors)
- Developmental evaluation
- Identifying developmental delays and/or assessing developmental functioning across domains
- Katie Beckett/Deeming waiver evaluations
- Educational/Academic evaluation
- Comprehensive Specific Learning Disorder (SLD) evaluations
- Instructional assessment to determine appropriate intervention targets and inform academic intervention
- Curriculum-Based Assessment
- Assessment of motivational variables impacting academic performance; Development of motivational enhancement plans
- Gifted and Talented Assessment to help tailor instruction (e.g., accelerated programming, gifted services)
- Intellectual functioning
- Diagnostic assessment for intellectual disability
- Testing required by college boards for accommodations and modifications during standardized testing (e.g., SAT, ACT)
At SBP, PhD-level psychologists conduct all comprehensive evaluations. At SBP, we do not utilize psychometrists or psychological testing ‘technicians’. When selecting services for your child, be sure to ask if all testing will be completed by a doctoral-level psychologist. As a small local business, we are able to provide more personal service.
For all assessments, we create specific, individualized recommendations and plans to maximize success across both home and school settings. We are also available to conduct classroom observations, consult with school professionals, and attend school meetings to create student-specific plans in collaboration with the educational team.